Spend your days traveling (via a provided company vehicle) to hospitals and laboratories throughout the Dallas/Fort Worth Texas area providing critical assistance and care for customers who are working to advance the future of healthcare! As a Field Service Engineer for our Global Commercial Operations Group, you’ll perform repairs, upgrades, and preventative maintenance on Bio-Rad's Clinical Diagnostics and Life Science instruments, ensuring the quality performance of our equipment for the people who rely it. You’ll also respond to emergencies and occasionally assist colleagues throughout Texas and New Mexico on short notice, applying your thorough knowledge of our products to advocate for customers and deliver the highest levels of service and support. Travel of 25-50% will be expected.
How You’ll Make An Impact:
- Help to advance healthcare research and treatments by supporting and maintaining the Bio-Rad instruments on which our customers rely to make scientific breakthroughs.
- Build and sustain strong relationships that allow you to anticipate and advocate to our customer needs.
- Protect Bio-Rad’s integrity and reputation by adhering to FDA regulations and requirements with detailed recordkeeping and service documentation.
What You Bring:
- At least 3 years of transferrable field service experience servicing electro- mechanical/electronic/optia/robotics equipment and an A.S. or B.S in electronics, Biomedical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering (or related field or military equivalent experience).
- Confidence in electro-mechanical troubleshooting.o comprehend and follow complex work instructions.
- Flexibility and enthusiasm for daily travel throughout San Antonio and the s
- A fundamental knowledge of computer networking allowing interface with customer I.T. departments.
- Strong customer relation and communication skills, along with the ability touthern Texas region as well as providing assistance to co-workers through Texas and New Mexico.
Total Rewards Package: At Bio-Rad, we’re empowered by our purpose and recognize that our employees are as well. That’s why we offer a competitive and comprehensive Total Rewards Program that provides value, quality, and inclusivity while satisfying the diverse needs of our evolving workforce. Bio-Rad's robust offerings serve to enrich the overall health, wealth, and wellbeing of our employees and their families through the various stages of an employee’s work and life cycle.
Benefits: We’re proud to offer a variety of options, including competitive medical plans for you and your family, free HSA funds, a new fertility offering with stipend, group life and disability, paid parental leave, 401k plus profit sharing, an employee stock purchase program, a new upgraded and streamlined mental health platform, extensive learning and development opportunities, education benefits, student debt relief program, pet insurance, wellness challenges and support, paid time off, Employee Resource Groups (ERG’s), and more!
Compensation: The estimated base salary range for this position is $63,200 to $86,900 at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be provided in writing at the time of offer, if applicable, and is based on several factors we believe fairly and accurately impact compensation, including geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other job permitted factors. This position is eligible for a variable annual bonus, which is dependent upon achievement of your individual objectives and Company performance.
Who We Are: For 70 years, Bio-Rad has focused on advancing the discovery process and transforming the fields of science and healthcare. As one of the top five life science companies, we are a global leader in developing, manufacturing, and marketing a broad range of high-quality research and clinical diagnostic products. We help people everywhere live longer, healthier lives. Recently voted a Best Place to Work, Bio-Rad offers a unique employee experience with collaborative teams that span the globe. Here, you are supported by leadership to build your career and are empowered to drive change that makes an impact you can see.
EEO Statement: Bio-Rad is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and we welcome candidates of all backgrounds. Veterans, people with disabilities, and people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, and orientations are encouraged to apply.
Agency Non-Solicitation: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #LI-JS1