Performs a variety of assignments in support of engineering groups associated with some or all of the following areas: Manufacturing design, manufacturing, or various phases of specialized engineering projects.
This position is eligible for $1,500 HIRING BONUS
- Bonus offered for a limited time only
- Bonus applicable to specific positions as labeled
- Bonus recipients must be employed at the time of payout
- Bonus payout after 30 days of employment with Bio-Rad
- Bonus offered to direct hires only. Agency hires and internal transfers are not eligible.
- 12 months repayment clause
- Supports manufacturing engineers and plant leadership in the execution of tasks necessary to execute engineering project including building test fixtures, small automation cells, supporting manufacturing tooling needs etc.
- Executes basic experiments & tests (i.e. Executing protocols necessary to qualify & validate manufacturing processes; executing feasibility studies, documenting data accurately and legibly)
- Provide assistance in manufacturing tasks such as supporting staff production lines and executing production activities to support engineering activities as needed and directed
- Assist with PMs, equipment service, and installation
- Performs complex, directed laboratory experiments associated with the design, development, execution and implementation of scientific research projects
- Researches equipment and component needs, sources, competitive prices, delivery times and ongoing operational costs
- Diagnoses root cause of malfunction and perform maintenance on electronic or operational equipment
- Calibrates equipment and systems
- Provide manufacturing support activities; staff production lines when directed, and execute production activities, as directed, to support engineering activities
- Identifies and resolves equipment malfunctions, working with manufacturers and field representatives as necessary to procure replacement part
- Interacts with Suppliers/Contractors
- Writes reports or record data on testing techniques, laboratory equipment, or specifications to assist engineers
- Collects data and calculates results
- Maintains system logs or manuals to document testing or operation of equipment
- Troubleshoots, adjusts, reassembles or replaces defective or improperly functioning circuitry, electronic components or other equipment
- Develops or upgrades preventative maintenance procedures for components, equipment, parts, or systems
- Procures parts and maintains inventory and related documentation
- Builds prototypes from rough sketches or plans
- Advises modifying or adapting lean manufacturing standard principles
- Complies with Quality System and EH&S policies
- College course work in Engineering/ Scientific field
- 1-4 years of technical experience required in related industry
- Computer skills in usage of MS Office Suite
- Demonstrated basic documentation, communication (e.g., written & verbal) & interpersonal relationship skills
- Good problem-solving, organizational, analytical & critical thinking skills
- Good understanding of processes & equipment used in assigned work
- Mechanical service/repair experience is preferred
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Proficient at troubleshooting problems to the component level and performing root cause analysis of the failure
- Proficiently works from dimensional drawings and prints
- Precise attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of shop mathematics and department procedures
- Advanced knowledge of quality systems, cGMP, and precedents, policies, and procedures in the specialty area
Ability and consent to upload proof of completed Covid-19 vaccination into our secure database within 3 days of start date.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #LI-TWAZ