We are looking for a full-time Consumer Loan Processor to join our dynamic team. As a Consumer Loan Processor, you will work directly with our members and member-facing employees to develop, expand and maintain positive consumer lending relationships by making it fast and simple to get a loan with us. By providing prompt, efficient and accurate support to members and co-workers from the application stage through the funding process on their consumer loan accounts, you will play a key role in maintaining our company’s position as a lifelong partner in helping our customers reach their financial goals.
To succeed in this position, you must be able to satisfactorily perform common occurrences of each of the following under direct supervision from your manager:
- Process a large volume of inbound and outbound consumer loan-related phone calls from members and fellow team members on a daily basis.
- Actively listen and respond to member and team member needs while having a courteous and helpful attitude.
- Provide support to call center, branch and fellow department team members with the completion of loan applications; the collection, verification and processing of information contained in loan applications; and the disbursement of loan proceeds to customers.
- Educate and cross-sell members on consumer loan protection products that can help safeguard them from the impact of unforeseen life events.
- Obtain and verify the required Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) documentation to properly record the company’s lien on loan collateral.
- Collaborate with department and branch team members to provide effective and efficient service to our membership.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the company’s loan products and services.
Position Qualifications and Skills:
- High School Diploma/ GED required.
- Six months of work experience in a customer service capacity required; one year of work experience in a consumer or mortgage lending capacity preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
A list of some of the benefits we offer:
We emphasize a work/life balance
Premium pay for bilingual skills (English/Spanish)
Medical, dental and vision benefits that cover the employee, spouse and dependents
Retiree medical benefits
A defined benefit Pension Plan with employer contributions of $3.50/hour
10 ½ Paid Holidays per year
17 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) to start
A 401(k) plan
Employee loan discounts
Casual dress code
Are you ready to join our team?
If you think this job is the right fit for you, fill out our online application. Our application is pretty simple – you upload your resume and answer a few job-related questions. Once you have completed the application, your information will be sent to our Human Resources team instantly.