MISSION AND VALUES
MidPen Housing is a non-profit organization that develops high-quality affordable housing communities, professionally manages the properties in those communities, and provides services to residents. The three affiliated corporations are MidPen Housing Corporation, MidPen Property Management Corporation, and MidPen Resident Services Corporation.
Our mission is to provide safe, affordable housing of high quality to those in need; to establish stability and opportunity in the lives of residents; and to foster diverse communities that allow people from all ethnic, social, and economic backgrounds to live in dignity, harmony, and mutual respect.
MidPen Housing associates advance a culture of belonging, inclusion, diversity, and equity to effectively bridge across differences that are representative of the communities we serve. We seek to have a high performing, inclusive, and engaged workforce that is centered around constant learning.
Onsite housing available.
Under the supervision of the Property Manager, the Community Manager is responsible for the daily operations of one or more properties. The key areas of responsibility include Fiscal Management, Compliance, Facilities Management, Risk Management, Resident Management, Employee Supervision, Community Outreach and Internal Partnering.
- Supervises one or more property management staff
- Maintains a working partnership with local community groups including government officials, law enforcement and fire safety professionals
- Applies an appropriate level of diplomacy to empower staff and stakeholders to co-create solutions for the Moon Gate/Chinatown community and in the process, develop mutual trust, respect, and a sense of community
- In collaboration with Resident Services, guides community outreach and engagement; ensures Moon Gate staff representation at and follow-up from community advisory meetings
- Regularly attends Downtown Salinas Community meetings, community Board meetings, City Council meetings and/or any other community meetings as necessary.
- For the Continuum of Care program, works closely with Resident Services to provide information for annual and other reporting and grant requirements (includes but is not limited to, tracking expenditures associated with staff time, turnover costs, etc.)
- Performs daily community engagement property walks to get to know the property, people, and unique culture of the community
- Collects rent, security deposits, makes bank deposits and verifies resident income.
- Ensures timely and accurate re-certifications and annual
- Manages delinquent accounts, resident receivables, and petty cash
- Assists Property Manager with the completion of monthly variance budget reports, annual budget preparation, and monitor fiscal status of the property
- Obtains all required program certifications, remains current with compliance and regulatory requirements (e.g., Fair Housing, HUD, TCAC, COS), and ensures property and staff are in compliance
- Completes annual and interim re-certifications accurately and on schedule
- Assists with completion of MOR/TCAC reviews
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Supervises 3 or more full-time staff
- Orients new employees to position
- Trains staff on emergency procedures and employee safety
- Approves timesheets and time-off requests
- Sets and oversee employee work schedules
- Provides performance feedback to employees, including coaching, counseling, and disciplining
- Conducts regular meetings for discussions, problem solving, encouraging, and training
- Conducts annual unit inspections and coordinates repairs if needed in accordance with MidPen Traffic Light report standards
- Walks the grounds daily with site inspection report, assuring the property is clean and in good order
- Assists Supervisor in developing specifications and obtaining bids from vendors/contractors to ensure quality work at reasonable cost
- Purchases supplies not to exceed amount on employee contract without prior written approval of Property Supervisor
- Responsible for determining, tracking, and administering capital improvements, preventative maintenance and replacement programs under the direction of the Property Supervisor