In this role, you will be responsible for providing support to the Collections area by performing administrative tasks needed to facilitate loan collections and delinquency resolution efforts and
the mitigation of risk/loss exposure to the credit union.
To succeed in this position, you must be able to satisfactorily perform common occurrences of each of the following under direct supervision from your manager:
- Accept a modest volume of member, team member and vendor phone calls on a daily basis.
- Actively listen to and respond to member, team member and vendor needs while having a courteous and helpful attitude.
- Support the Collections department by preparing and filing bankruptcy documentation and claims with courts and attorneys; filing debt protection and credit insurance claims on behalf of our members; assigning repossession requests and filing the associated paperwork; and providing general administrative assistance as needed.
Position Qualifications and Skills:
- High School Diploma/ GED required.
- Six months of work experience in an administrative or clerical capacity required; one year of work experience in a loss mitigation or collections support capacity preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
A list of some of the benefits we offer:
We emphasize a work/life balance
Premium pay for bilingual skills (English/Spanish)
Medical, dental and vision benefits that cover the employee, spouse and dependents
Retiree medical benefits
A defined benefit Pension Plan with employer contributions of $3.50/hour
11 ½ Paid Holidays per year
17 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) to start
A 401(k) plan
Employee loan discounts
Casual dress code
Salary Range: $19.00 - $25.00/Hour
OE Federal Credit Union offers competitive compensation. The offered salary considers experience, education, training, internal peer equity, job location and other business considerations when extending an offer. The salary outlined is based on working in Livermore.
Are you ready to join our team?
If you think this job is the right fit for you, fill out our online application. Our application is pretty simple – you upload your resume and answer a few job-related questions. Once you have completed the application, your information will be sent to our Human Resources team instantly.