Bio-Rad is on a multi-year journey to transform its embedded and traditional solutions into Cloud enabled services and platforms. As a part of Global IT’s mission to enable standardized, cost-effective, solutions to Bio-Rad, we are seeking an experienced Cloud Solutions Architect who will provide hands-on technical leadership to federated software teams as well as internal Global IT teams. You will assume a key role in the Enterprise Architecture team within Bio-Rad’s Global IT Strategy Department. You will be responsible to understand Bio-Rad’s business strategy for cloud applications and work closely with development teams to design platform architectures that meet business application needs and are secured, scalable and cost-optimized.
How You'll Make An Impact:
- Hands-on, technical leadership for Cloud solutions (end-to-end application design, IaaS, PaaS).
- Develop and manage the technology roadmap for cloud services in Bio-Rad that align with business priorities.
- Work across Bio-Rad business units to understand the business strategy and align cloud services.
- Development and delivery of reference architectures that will be used across Bio-Rad to enable standardized cloud solutions.
- Formation of automated, deployable cloud templates to accelerate project deliveries.
- Articulation of platform-level designs to incrementally build cloud application suites over time.
- Develop best practices around securing and leveraging cloud services.
- Facilitate in-depth technical discussions to select cloud services and carry forward into design and deployment.
- Key technical contact for all cloud providers and organize relevant sessions for Technical teams, Cloud User community and Business Stake holders.
- Recommend cost-effective strategies to migrate existing workloads to cloud.
- Balance standardized solution recommendations with business unit requirements.
- Ability to explain constraints, limitations, and best practices to leverage cloud PaaS offerings.
- Communicate complex technical choices and tradeoffs in easy to understand, business-friendly language.
- Document business/technical requirements and convert into technical design documents, architecture diagrams and implementation specs.
- Work with operations to define operational acceptance criteria, provide automation scripts for repetitive tasks.
- Analyze incidents and recommend long-term/short-term fixes for root causes.
What You Bring:
Location: Bio-Rad is pleased to offer the flexibility of Remote Work for this role anywhere in the U.S.
Total Rewards Package: At Bio-Rad, we’re empowered by our purpose and recognize that our employees are as well. That’s why we offer a competitive and comprehensive Total Rewards Program that provides value, quality, and inclusivity while satisfying the diverse needs of our evolving workforce. Bio-Rad's robust offerings serve to enrich the overall health, wealth, and wellbeing of our employees and their families through the various stages of an employee’s work and life cycle.
Benefits: We’re proud to offer a variety of options, including competitive medical plans for you and your family, free HSA funds, a new fertility offering with stipend, group life and disability, paid parental leave, 401k plus profit sharing, an employee stock purchase program, a new upgraded and streamlined mental health platform, extensive learning and development opportunities, education benefits, student debt relief program, pet insurance, wellness challenges and support, paid time off, Employee Resource Groups (ERG’s), and more!
Compensation: The estimated base salary range for this position is $115,900 to $199,900 at the time of posting.This range is inclusive of all geographic locations within the United States*. Actual compensation will be provided in writing at the time of an offer, if applicable, and is based on several factors we believe fairly and accurately impact compensation, including geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other job permitted factors. This position is eligible for a variable annual bonus, which is dependent upon achievement of your individual objectives and Company performance.
*Minimum reflects our lowest paying locations, and the top end reflects our highest paying locations. The range in your geographic location will vary but will be within the indicated range.
Who We Are: For 70 years, Bio-Rad has focused on advancing the discovery process and transforming the fields of science and healthcare. As one of the top five life science companies, we are a global leader in developing, manufacturing, and marketing a broad range of high-quality research and clinical diagnostic products. We help people everywhere live longer, healthier lives. Recently voted a Best Place to Work, Bio-Rad offers a unique employee experience with collaborative teams that span the globe. Here, you are supported by leadership to build your career and are empowered to drive change that makes an impact you can see.
EEO Statement: Bio-Rad is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and we welcome candidates of all backgrounds. Veterans, people with disabilities, and people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, and orientations are encouraged to apply.
Agency Non-Solicitation: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.