The Aquatics Program Coordinator is responsible for providing the highest quality of guest service to participants of swim lessons and camps at Aqua Adventure Waterpark. The Coordinator will be responsible for administrative duties and assist with the planning and execution of swim lessons and camps, as assigned. In addition, the Coordinator will assist in the hiring and training of part time staff. Aqua Camp runs M-F from 9am-3pm. Swim lessons are M-TH 8am-10:30am and 4pm-6:30pm and Sat 8am-10:30am
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES (This is a general description of duties and is not all-inclusive)
- Provide excellent customer service while performing assigned duties and have strong telephone and follow up skills
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality in performing all aspects of assigned duties
- Communicate program features to potential clients/groups
- Complete all daily opening and closing tasks in a timely manner for programs
- Create lesson plans, activity schedules, and supply lists for programs
- Resolve guest/participant concerns as needed
- Conduct training and staff meetings as assigned
· Supervise part-time employees in Supervisor’s absence and update employees on schedules and other essential tasks
- Perform other duties as assigned
SUPERVISION EXERCISED AND RECEIVED
General supervision is provided by Recreation Supervisor or Assistant Recreation Supervisor
- Must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age
- Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent and have one year college or volunteer / paid experience that would qualify the applicant to perform all duties
- Must have reliable transportation to and from job assignments
- Must possess strong organizational skills and be able to multi-task
- Must be able to establish and maintain productive relations with others
- Must be willing and able to work days, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as required
- Previous swim lesson and camp experience is desired but not required
REQUIREMENTS FOR EMPLOYMENT
· Must be able to handle sensitive and/or stressful situations or information with tact, discretion and significant awareness of confidentiality
· Must effectively communicate with adults and children from a variety of cultural backgrounds
· Willingness to comply with suspected child abuse reporting (11166.5 PC)
· Employees are required to be certified in Adult/Child CPR & First Aid from American Red Cross, American Heart Association or supervisor approved equivalent. Employees must be certified within 30 days of hire date or prior to the first day of work, whichever occurs earlier.
· Fingerprinting and TB test are required
· Must submit verification of legal right to work in the United States as a condition of employment
Qualified applications will be evaluated base upon related experience and quality of presentation. The most highly qualified applicants will be invited to an oral interview. Application evaluations may include a written and physical test. Satisfactory candidates will be placed on an eligibility list. Placements are anticipated immediately after the list is established.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE OBTAINED AT
City of Fremont, Recreation Services Division
3300 Capitol Avenue, Building B, Fremont, CA 94538
For further information regarding this position, please call (510) 790-5532
THE CITY OF FREMONT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON ANY BASIS.
The Recreation Services Division will make reasonable efforts in the examination process to accommodate persons with disabilities and for religious reasons. Please advise us of special needs in advance of the examination by calling (510) 494-4347.
Some positions may require a health evaluation.
The information contained herein is subject to change and does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract.