Under general supervision, plans, leads, assigns, schedules, and participates in the work of staff responsible for performing aquatics duties at the District’s aquatics facilities. Assists with the day-to-day aquatics operations, ensures that facilities are prepared and maintained for public use. Monitors activities in the water, pool, decks, and ancillary areas of District aquatics facilities to ensure the safety of patrons; explains and enforces aquatics policies, regulations, and rules; performs rescues and administers first aid, CPR, and AED as needed; and performs related work as required.
Schedule: 20 hours per week. Schedule will vary, will include weekends.
Please submit a District application and resume online at https://www.calopps.org/livermore-area-recreation-and-park-district. Applicants who do not submit all required documents may not be considered.
Based upon all submitted materials, the applicants presenting the best job-related qualifications will be invited to proceed in the recruitment process. The recruitment schedule outlined below is tentative and subject to change:
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Two years of relevant aquatics experience serving in an aquatics facility.
- Any combination of training, education, and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Principles of leadership in an aquatics environment.
- Principles and techniques of all lifeguarding skills.
- Organization and operation of the aquatics facilities, including maintenance, occupational hazards, and standard safety practices.
- Relevant laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Operational characteristics of water rescue safety equipment and devices.
- Principles and practices for providing high level of customer service.
- Principles and practices of recordkeeping.
- Modern office practices, methods, and computer equipment and applications related to the work.
- Assign aquatics staff to daily rotation schedule, ensuring proper coverage to ensure the safety of patrons and staff.
- Effectively provide staff leadership and work direction.
- Assist with training.
- Monitor and enforce relevant law, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Administer first aid, CPR, and AED as needed.
- Maintain order and safety in a crowded and noisy environment.
- Maintain facilities and equipment in a clean, safe, and secure manner.
- Perform work in an efficient, effective, safe, and timely manner.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills and establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships.
- Independently organize work, set priorities, meet deadlines, and follow up on assignments.
- Use English effectively to communicate in person, over the telephone, and in writing.
Licenses and Certifications:
At time of appointment, and maintained throughout employment possession of:
- California Driver’s License, with a satisfactory driving record,
- American Red Cross Lifeguard certification,
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certification,
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor certification is highly desirable.
For more information and to apply, please visit:https://www.calopps.org/livermore-area-recreation-and-park-district
LARPD is an Equal Opportunity/ADA Employer and values diversity at all levels of the organization.